metromanila.politics.com.ph

NCRPO chief orders tighter security for Metro Manila after two bombing incidents in Mindanao

0 1,478

Tighter security measures have been implemented in Metro Manila after two bombing incidents in South Cotabao and Sultan Kudarat last week.

National Capital Region Police Office chief Maj. Gen. Felipe Natividad ordered the implementation of stringent security measures and heightened police visibility on Monday as he condemned the attacks in Mindanao.

Natividad said Metro Manila, being one of the busiest and most populated areas in the country, could be one of the targets for terrorist attacks and bombings.

The NCRPO would do its best to keep the capital region safe, he said.

“All acts of terrorism against people of any religion, race or creed, are crimes against humanity. And are always a threat to any nation’s security. In regards to this, we will be utilizing all of our resources in NCRPO to the maximum and heightened efforts to ensure safety and security of each and every resident of Metro Manila,” he said.

But he was also quick to say that there was no need for the public to panic.

They only need to be vigilant about what’s happening around them, he said.

“I call on the public not to be alarmed nor should to panic instead remain calm and vigilant. I also encourage everyone to be highly alert and report any suspicious person or behavior, report any unfamiliar face in the neighborhood to the barangay or nearest police station,” he said.

They may send the reports to the NCRPO Text Hotline Numbers: 0999-901-8181 for smart subscribers and 0915-888-8181 for globe subscribers, he said.