Isko Moreno sees fake news on Manila in positive light. Here’s why
Manila Mayor Isko Moreno chooses to remain positive amid the barrage of fake news targeting his management of the COVID-19 pandemic in the country’s capital.
In his Sept. 20 column for the Manila Bulletin, Moreno said the misleading information spread against him on social media “is an apparent attempt to discredit the city of Manila’s policy of ‘inclusivity.’”
“I see the attempt as ‘glass half full.’ Clearly, it goes to show that we in the city government are doing a great job in serving even those who are non-residents,” he said.
Moreno said Filipinos from any part of the country are welcome in Manila and can avail themselves of the services for residents.
He noted that several Filipinos from Visayas and Mindanao already benefited from the free COVID-19 swab tests and Tocilizumab and Remdesivir being given by the local government.
“So far, the recipients of the said rare and expensive life-saving drugs for severe and critical COVID patients has reached about 700 already and they come from as far as Bacolod, Negros, Cebu, Iloilo, Davao del Sur, Cotabato and Lanao del Sur,” Moreno said.