Joy Belmonte assures payout of unclaimed cash aid for beneficiaries
The local government of Quezon City has started the payout of cash assistance to beneficiaries who had missed their payout schedule, Mayor Joy Belmonte said.
Belmonte assured the continued distribution of cash aid as she announced that the local government has completed the distribution of P2.48 billion financial assistance from the national government last week.
As of August 28, a total of 2.3 million individuals or 747,520 families have claimed their P1,000 to P4,000 aid from different distribution centers in the city. However, there are still 89,154 households who have yet to claim their financial aid as they did not appear during their schedule.
“Sa tulong ng mga city department, barangay, at law enforcers, nai-distribute natin agad ang ayuda para sa mga indigent nating mamamayan,” Belmonte said.
Individuals belonging to low-income families received P1,000 while a household received a maximum of PHP4,000.
Beneficiaries who have yet to get their cash aid are advised to monitor the Quezon City government’s Facebook page and website for further announcements.