Isko Moreno assures continuation of aid, COVID-19 vaccination as ECQ enters 2nd week
Manila Mayor Isko Moreno assured residents that the COVID-19 vaccination and distribution of food boxes will continue in the second week of enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in the so-called NCR Plus bubble.
In an April 5 interview on ANC’s “Headstart,” Moreno said the city is now fully compliant with the minimum requirement of having 1% of its A3 (persons with comorbidities) population vaccinated. The total number of vaccinated A3 individuals in Manila reached 21,600 over the weekend.
Prior to the implementation of the ECQ, Manila had already been putting high-risk barangays under granular lockdowns. Any barangay with 10 or more COVID-19 cases was placed on a four-day lockdown to give the LGU’s contact tracers ample time to trace all the individuals who had interactions with the infected subjects.
Moreno said the city government will continue giving food boxes to each family under the Food Security Program (FSP) to help them cope with the challenges to access of basic needs during ECQ.
We created COVID-19 FSP even without the categorization of quarantine. This is meant to cushion the socioeconomic impact of this pandemic. It so happened na nagkaroon tayo ng ECQ kaya timing naman,” he said.
Under the FSP, food boxes — which contain three kilos of rice, 16 pieces of canned goods, and eight sachets of coffee — are distributed to around 700,000 families in the city every month. The LGU was already able to do this for the months of February and March. ”