Makati starts COVID-19 testing for frontliners
The local government of Makati started last week testing medical frontliners for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) to contain its spread among residents.
Makati mayor Abby Binay said 50 health workers from the Ospital ng Makati, 39 frontliners from the Rizal Health Center and 27 workers from Pembo Health Center were tested for COVID-19 on April 23.
The test samples were brought to the Philippine Red Cross National Headquarters in Mandaluyong City for processing. The results are expected to come out in two days.
Makati and PRC have signed a memorandum of agreement to test 2,000 frontliners, as well as suspected COVID-19 patients, for the virus.
Binay earlier said Makati will use the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test for the mass testing, which is considered the “gold standard” by the Department of Health.