Safe ride! Manila Water installs water tanks for disinfecting vehicles
In partnership with the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), Manila Water has installed static water tanks along major roads in Metro Manila for the disinfection of vehicles.
The static tanks are installed in the following locations:
• Ortigas Avenue extension/SM East in Cainta, Rizal
• C5 Road near Centennial Village in Taguig City
• J.P. Rizal Street at the Marikina City-San Mateo, Rizal boundary
• Marcos Highway near corner Gil Fernando Avenue in Cainta, Rizal
• San Mateo-Batasan Road in Marikina City
• Elliptical Road corner West Avenue in Quezon City
The water used to refill these tanks already has disinfection solution ready to be used in the sanitation gantries installed by DPWH-NCR along national roads for vehicular disinfection.
DPWH Regional Director for National Capital Region Ador Canlas said Manila Water’s gesture was a response to the call for companies to help in fighting the threat of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
“Together, let this public service be our small gesture of support in eliminating the COVID-19 threat,” he said.