Carmageddon: Traffic rerouting for Iglesia ni Cristo event
Brace yourselves for heavy traffic this weekend.
This is due to the scheduled Iglesia ni Cristo event at Rizal Park on Sunday.
At least 200,000 INC members are expected to participate in the “Worldwide Aid to Fight Poverty”, according to an MMDA advisory.
To give way to the event, the agency closed several areas in Manila and released a list of alternative routes for motorists.
The stretch of Katigbak Drive, South Drive and Independence Road in Manila will be off-limits to passing vehicles starting 6 p.m. Saturday until Sunday, it said.
Below are the roads to be closed starting 12 a.m. of July 15 (Sunday).
· Stretch of Road-10 from Moriones to Delpan Bridge
· Stretch of Bonifacio Drive from Delpan Bridge to Katigbak Drive
· Stretch of Roxas Blvd. from Katigbak Drive to P. Ocampo
· East and Westbound lane from P. Burgos from Lagusnilad to Roxas Blvd.
· Finance Road from Taft Avenue To P. Burgos
· Westbound lane of TM Kalaw from M.H del Pilar to Roxas Boulevard
· Westbound lane of Pres. Quirino from M.H del Pilar to Roxas Boulevard.
Alternate routes for motorists:
· All vehicles utilizing southbound lane of R-10 turn left to Moriones Street
· All vehicles coming from Pasay using the northbound lane of Roxas blvd. turn right to P. Ocampo Street or use Roxas Boulevard service Road
· All vehicles coming from three bridges: Quezon, McArthur and Jones going to the southbound lane of Roxas Boulevard go straight to Taft Avenue
· All vehicles coming from Ayala Bridge shall turn left/right to Taft Avenue
· All vehicles using the westbound lane of President Quirino turn left to Mabini Street
· Heavy vehicles/Cargo trucks will take President Osmena, to President Quirino going to Nagtahan via AH Lacson to Yuseco to Capulong to R-10 (vise versa)