Saturday, November 25, 2017
politiko-politics-ph-logo

Erap to sue barangay chiefs who tolerate illegal parking, road obstructions

Manila Mayor Joseph Estrada has threatened to charge local barangay officials who are uncooperative with the city government’s ongoing road clearing operations.

Estrada said this is in keeping with President Rodrigo Duterte’s directive to involve barangay officials in the clearing of road obstructions.

Since June last year, Estrada has been conducting a citywide road clearing campaign, relocating as well more than 3,500 illegal vendors.

“We are getting near that point (where we will file charges),” the mayor said.

“President Duterte is correct: we have to engage our barangay chairmen. There is nothing that prevents them from helping. That is their responsibility,” Estrada added.

Estrada stressed that most of the barangay officials in Manila have been helpful in removing illegal structures, sidewalk vendors, and illegally parked vehicles in their communities.

Facebook Comments
Recommended Articles

Recommended on other sites

Disclaimer:
The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of POLITICS.com.ph. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.

Trending News

Politiko Poll

Quick Links
Connect With Us
Want Politiko alerts on your inbox? Subscribe here.