For displaced Saudi OFWs: DOLE sets March 28 jobs fair
Overseas Filipino workers who were displaced in Saudi Arabia may get another chance at employment with a job fair organized by the Department of Labor and Employment.
The DOLE said the job fair will be held March 28 at the Occupational Safety and Health Center in Quezon City.
So far, the DOLE said returning OFWs from at least nine distressed Saudi Arabian companies have pre-registered with the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration.
Most of the pre-registered participants to the jobs fair are from Metro Manila, Central Luzon, anc Calabarzon, though walk-in applicants will also be accommodated.
The DOLE identified the nine companies as:
– Mohammed al-Mojil Group (MMG)
– Saudi Bin Laden Group of Companies (SBG)
– Saudi Oger Ltd. (SOL)
– Mohammad Hameed Al-Bargash & Bros. Trading & Construction
– Aluminum Company (ALUMCO L.L.C.)
– Rajeh H. Al Merri Contracting & Trading Company
– Fawzi Salah-Al Nairani Contracting Company
– Arabtec Construction L.L.C.
– Real Estate Development and Investment Company
For his part, OWWA Administrator Hans Leo Cacdac said 20 agencies for overseas employment, and 20 employers for local job placement were invited to the fair.
Cacdac said similar activities have been set for displaced OFWs from other regions such as in Cebu and Mandaue.