Makati city hall, QC school get bomb scare
Bomb threat, which was later turned out to be a hoax, disrupted the operations of Makati City Hall and classes in a public school in Quezon City on Tuesday.
Police said the city hall’s telephone operators received a call at 9:56 a.m. telling that a bomb had been planted in the building.
Mayor Abigail Binay ordered the building evacuated and searched. The call turned out to be a prank.
After a thorough search, police declared the bomb threat as a hoax. City hall employees were then ordered to back to their works.
In Quezon City, officials at Don Alejandro Roces Sr. Science and Technology High School suspended classes after Facebook user Kurt Vince Berba posted that an explosion was set to happen at 2 p.m.
Barba said a bag containing an improvised bomb had been placed in the school. The school was searched and declared safe before 6 a.m.